12 large ripe whole tomatoes or a mix of tomatoes and peppers
2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
2 garlic cloves
½ bunch parsley
½ bunch spearmint
1 cup Krinos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ cup tomato juice
12 Tbsp long-grain rice
½ cup pine nuts
60 g raisins (sultana)
salt & pepper
2 cup water
1. Preheat panggangan to 400F (200C).
2. Choose a baking dish large enough to hold all the tomatoes (and/or Peppers).
3. Wash tomatoes. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and set aside.
4. Scoop out the pulp from each one, taking care not to tear the skin.
5. Puree pulp in food processor, then set aside in a bowl.
6. Sprinkle interior with sugar (optional) and place on baking dish.
7. Finely chop onion, garlic, parsley and spearmint.
8. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion over low heat until golden.
9. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, the pulp, 1 cup of tomato juice and all other ingredients. Stir well and salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour in 1 cup water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
11. Fill emptied tomatoes (and peppers) with the mixture, up to 3/4 full. Replace tomato tops.
12. Mix the remaining tomato juice, 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup olive oil and pour on top of covered tomatoes to keep them moist.
13. Bake uncovered at 400F (200C) for 30-40 minutes. Sumber https://arabic-food.blogspot.com