This simple and delicious recipe was shared by my SIL. It is a perfect appetizer. There is a interesting ingredient added to this dish that brings out a lot flavor, aroma and freshness … fennel seeds or commonly known as saunf is the secret ingredient.
I am sure you would enjoy trying out this recipe
- 1/2 kg baby potatos
- 1/4tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds(saunf)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder(amchur powder)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
Boil the potatoes ,remove the skin and keep aside.Mix all the dry spice powders in a bowl and keep aside
Heat oil in a nonstick pan ,add cumin seeds,fennel seeds and once cumin splutters ,add the boiled potatoes and saute in high flame till it turn golden brown,then add all the dry ingredients,stir nicely until all the spices coat the baby potatoes and immediately switch off the flame
1. It can also be served with rice and roti as a quick side.
2. In place of baby potatoes you can use normal potatoes, boiled and cut into big chunks.
3. Make sure you dont fry the potatoes after adding the spices.
Source Recipe: http://superyummyrecipes.blogspot.com