Prep 10 MIN
Total 1 HR 10 MIN
Sure, you can buy hummus at the store. But homemade hummus breathes great natural flavors your guests won’t soon forget.
1 bulb garlic, unpeeled
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
1 can (15.5 ounces) great northern beans, drained and 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Chopped fresh parsley
Pita bread wedges, crackers or raw vegetables, if desired
1. Heat panggangan to 350ºF. Cut 1/2-inch slice off top of garlic bulb. Drizzle oil over garlic bulb. Wrap garlic in foil. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until garlic is soft when pierced with a knife; cool slightly.
2. Squeeze garlic into food processor. Add beans, reserved bean liquid, lemon juice and salt. Cover and process until uniform consistency.
3. Spoon dip into serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pita bread wedges.
– Prepare this popular dip up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
– Serve this mellow dip like they do in Turkey. Make a depression in the middle of the bowl of hummus, and spoon in 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil.
– Roast an extra bulb of garlic to serve with the hummus. Sumber https://arabic-food.blogspot.com