|Photo: Kofta With Lemon Sauce Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Kofta With Lemon Sauce Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Kofta With Lemon Sauce.
Serves : 8 Persons
Duration : 30 Min
1 Kilo Meat
1 Medium Sliced Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Meat spices
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1 Teaspoon Coriander
1 Teaspoon Cumin
2 Teaspoons Salt
2/1 Teaspoon Black pepper
4/1 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Oil
3 Large Sliced onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
3 Cups Broth or water
2/1 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Dried mint
2 Pieces Chili pepper (cut in halves)
1. Grind the meat, onion, garlic and the parsley. Add the meat spices, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander, salt and pepper. With your fingertips, mix all the ingredients until well-mixed and smooth Kofta forms. Shape the Kofta into small balls.
2. Place the flour in a shallow dish.
3. Roll the Kofta balls in the flour to coat well.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a shallow frying pan over medium heat.
5. Add the Kofta balls and fry until golden brown.
6. With a slotted ladle, transfer the Kofta balls to an panggangan dish.
7. Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan. Stir in the onion and garlic. Add the water, lemon juice, mint and chili pepper. Let the sauce boil for two minutes, then pour over the Kofta.
8. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
9. Fit the middle rack in the oven. Preheat panggangan to 350 degrees.
10. Bake the Kofta for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice.