It is very common to find this pasta discs nowdays and cooking pasta with cooker was new to me, and it was one of my little surprises when I cooked it.The basic recipe was shared on the pack but I added my own dimension.
The pasta is quick to prepare and feels more filling as it is easy to pick with your spoon and a lot of pasta sauce gets embeded within its curls to make every bite more delightful. It is made with durum wheat making it a healthy alternative to a regular snack or meal.
- 1.5 cup pasta discs
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatos
- 1/2 cup diced baby corn
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp corn flour (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cube grated cheese
- a pinch of turmeric
- salt to taste
Mix corn flour with two tbsp water and keep aside. Heat oil in a pressure pan ,add onions and fry till its translucent,add garlic ginger paste,turmeric powder and fry for a min ,now add all veggies and fry for 2 minutes then add tomatoes and fry till tomatoes become soft,add chilli powder, salt, garam masala and fry till oil saturates,now add water ,for every cup pasta add 1.5 cup water.
Once water starts to boil add pasta curls mix and cover the pressure cooker with lid without the weight.After 1-2 minutes when the steam starts coming reduce flame to sim and simmer for 7-8 minutes.Switch off the gas.
Open the lid and check if pasta is cooked else cook for another 1 minute. Add the corn flour mixture mix nicely and let it boil,add grated cheese and garnish with coriander leaves. serve hot.
1. The cooking time of pasta may vary depending on the heat of your cooking range.
2. Feel free to add more veggies like mushroom, sweet corn , capsicum if you want to make it more colorful.
3. Without adding any veggies with just onion and tomatoes it tastes awesome.
4. Adding cornflour helps to thicken the sauce, you can replace it with tomato soup powder which will add more flavor and taste to pasta.
Source Recipe: http://superyummyrecipes.blogspot.com