I have watching food food channel lately and it is so inspiring to watch Rakesh Sethi cook some wonderful recipes.Its been a long time I baked some cookies and this happens to be one of my favorite. These cookies have a mild crunch and would melt in your mouth.
- 1/2 cup cooking butter
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup maida / all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of dry fruits mixture
- 2 tbsp jam of your choice (I used mixed fruit jam)
Dry roast the almond, pistachio, cashewnut and make a rough grained powder.
Beat the jam with the spoon until it becomes a smooth consistency and keep aside
Beat the butter and superfine sugar (powered sugar) and mix the vanilla essence and milk to it,then add the all purpose flour and mix nicely with a spatula and then with your hands into a soft lump , cover the dough with a cling wrap and refridgerate for 10 min
After 10 min divide the dough into small lemon size balls. Roll the balls on the dry fruit mixture then remove and press softly and make a small thumbprint in the center and fill with 1/4 tsp jam and place on a greased metal tray
Bake them for 30 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown .
Enjoy your cookies
1. Keeping the dough in refridgerator makes the dough more firm to handle
2. Dont refridgerate for too long otherwise the dough will become too hard
3. You can more versatile by a any other jam of your choice, I used kissan mixed fruit jam
Source Recipe: http://superyummyrecipes.blogspot.com