This Lebanese-style recipe is the ultimate comfort dish. With homemade pumpkin hummus, fresh tabouli, roast pumpkin wedges and lamb sausages, it’s a hearty and filling meal perfect for dinner.
Crispy Lebanese lamb and chickpeas with pumpkin hummus
750 gkent pumpkin, skin on, 2cm wedges
2 tspground sumac
500 glamb sausages
400 gcan chickpeas, drained
2 tbspextra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsplemon juice
1 tspground cumin
1 clovegarlic (small), crushed
1 tbsppomegranate molasses, (optional)
2 lebanese flatbreads, warmed, quartered
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
1/2 bunchparsley, leaves, stems finely chopped
1/4 bunchmint, leaves finely chopped
1 tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsplemon juice
1. Preheat panggangan to 200°C. Line an panggangan tray with baking paper
2. Spread pumpkin over tray, sprinkle with sumac and spray with olive oil. Season. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan on high. Squeeze sausages from casings and into hot pan. Brown for 5-6 minutes, breaking up lumps. Add 1/2 cup of chickpeas and fry for 3-4 minutes until lamb is well browned and crisp. Stir in half za’atar, cooking for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
4, Reserve half pumpkin wedges to serve. Scrape remaining pumpkin from skin into a food processor. Add remaining chickpeas, tahini, oil, lemon juice, cumin and garlic. Process until smooth, adding a little hot water to thin if required.
5. To make the tabbouleh; in a medium bowl combine all ingredients, tossing well. Season to taste.
6. Spread hummus on serving platter. Top with reserved pumpkin, crispy lamb and sprinkle with extra za’taar. Spoon over with tabouleh and drizzle with pomegranate molasses, if liked. Accompany with flatbread.
For a cheats pumpkin hummus, stir pureed pumpkin into prepared hummus. Sumber https://arabic-food.blogspot.com